Rip a karaoke cd
How to rip a Karaoke Disk (CD+G) There are many methods of ripping a karaoke CD+G, I prefer the zipped mp3+g format as it saves a lot of hard drive space. This tutorial will explain how to accomplish this using CDRWIN and MP3+g toolz
! Before you Begin !
- If you don't already have one, buy a Plextor CD-RW. Many CDRWs will not read or write a CD+G properly, all Plextor drives do.
- Make sure you have plenty of free hard drive space as the conversion process may need over a gig per CD+G
- CDRWIN by Golden Hawk Technologies
- Version 3.9g is used in this tutorial
- MP3+g Toolz Active Asp Software
- Version 2.0.9 is used in this tutorial
- Rip the CD+G to your hard drive using CDRWIN
- Click the "Exctact Disc/Tracks/Sectors" icon See Fig 1.
- Select the "Select Tracks" radio button
- In the "Image Filename" text box type the path where you want the files to be saved
- Select the tracks you want to extract
- "Reading Options" section the make sure that CD+G is Checked
- Then click the "START" button
- This creates individual "bin" files for each song
- Manually rename each bin file to something which makes sense. Read the "Naming Conventions" section below, see fig 3.
- Convert the resulting bin to zip files using MPG+G Toolz
- On the menu select File/"Bin to Zip"
- Browse to folder conatining the bin files.
- Click the "Options" button and make sure that the "Rename Files in Zip to Zip Filename" check box is selected
- Close the Options Dialog box
- Click the Start Button and wait
If everything worked out correctly you should have a folder with some zip files in it. Inside each individual zip file are two files am MP3 file and a CDG file. Most Karaoke players know how to play the zip.
To be continued
A good standard to follow when naming the zip files is as follows.
- disk is the disk number
- track is the track number
- artist is the artist name using last name first, comma seperated names and "The" placed after name
- example: Stewart, Rod
- example: Beatles, The
- song is the Song Title
Dk003-11-Sinatra, Frank-I've Got You Under My Skin.zip
If you follow this naming conventions for all your CD+G ripping then it will be a lot easier to import and catalog your songs into a database.
- (ISBN 0741420015
- (ISBN 0743229029