Welcome to the OpenTutorial Community Portal
You can help build OpenTutorial into a more comprehensive how to site and wiki community by editing and creating new tutorials. If you create an account, you can track your changes and more.
Post your OpenTutorial related news and announcements here!
- Open Tutorial Launches in March with a handful of articles and a call to all who know "how to" do things to place more articles and refine existing ones.
- You can place a PayPal button into any of your articles by using the folowing code <paypal></paypal> The resulting button will help support OpenTutorial.
- Somebody's been spamming my Wiki! I don't like that very much so I need to fix it. As far as I can tell it's a spambot creating a bunch of user accounts, then using those accounts to spam new pages and vandalize existing pages with a whole bunch of external links. So until I can remedy the problem in a better manner, no user will be able to edit a page. My plan to fix it is to upgrade to the latest version of MediaWiki and installing some sort of Captcha system. I will tackle this problem ASAP. I'm a little apprehensive 'cause I went ahead and hacked up this version of MediaWiki quite a bit and I know that I'm gonna have to figure out how to re-create those hacks into the new version, which I'm sure will be challenging at best. Oh, well wish me luck. --Hapa 17:40, 14 June 2007 (MST)
- Upgraded to PHP 5 and MediaWiki Version 1.7.1 today. Some extensions are acting abnormally I'll be troubleshooting them through the next week or so.--Hapa 13:40, 25 July 2006 (MDT)
- I added a ASIN feature to the wiki which allows anyone to automatically include info about any Amazon.com product directly into your page. It works in exactly the same way as the ISBN feature Example: (ASIN B000002U82 Makes (ASIN B000002U82 --Hapa 10:56, 11 July 2006 (MST)
- Changed the ISBN feature to automatically include the book title and provide a "tool-tip" style window with an image of the book and a link to Amazon.com Example: (ISBN 1894959248 Makes (ISBN 1894959248 --Hapa 12:14, 6 July 2006 (MST)
- Created an Ultimate Vision statement for OpenTutorial --Hapa 07:54, 29 June 2006 (MST)
- I'm experimenting with Kontera contextual ads on the site. If they are too annoying I'll take them off --Hapa 16:31, 25 June 2006 (MST)
- Created a "Todo" page User:Hapa/Todo to help me keep on task, feel free to post to it if there's something you would like mr to do. --Hapa 23:16, 9 May 2006 (MST)
- Created Template:Template messages for useful template reference, now to just finish it.--Hapa 23:16, 9 May 2006 (MST)
- I Updated the Wiki to Version 1.6.3 Yay! Now I have to figure out the new monobook.php --Hapa 11:59, 24 April 2006 (MST)
- Added a OpenTutorial Promotions Page OpenTutorial:Promote --Hapa 11:59, 24 April 2006 (MST)
- Added a Links Page for others to promote their sites Links --Hapa 11:59, 24 April 2006 (MST)
To Do or What Can I do to Help?
Click Here to add to this list of OpenTutorial related, "To do" items that need attention from the OpenTutorial Community