Difference between revisions of "Make lightning using Paint dot NET"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Created page with "Here is a quick and simple method for making lightning using the freeware Paint.NET program. Paint.NET has many features that Photoshop or Gimp has but is very easy to use. * C...")
Latest revision as of 03:16, 14 June 2011
Here is a quick and simple method for making lightning using the freeware Paint.NET program. Paint.NET has many features that Photoshop or Gimp has but is very easy to use.
- Create a new image 800 x 600 at 72 dpi
- Using the marque selection tool select the left half of the image
- Press the D key to set the foreground and background colors to black and white
- Fill the selection with black by pressing the backspace key
- Deselect all by pressing CTRL+D
- Apply Gausuan Blur Apply by menu/Effects/Blurs/Gaussian Blur...
- Set the radius of the blur to about 75
- Apply Clouds filter by menu/Effects/Render/Clouds...
- In the Clouds dialog box set the following
- Scale to about 276
- Roughness to about .46
- Blend Mode to Negation
- Adjust levels to remove extraneous clouds
- Apply Sepia Filter by menu/Adjustments/Sepia
- Using Hue/Saturation to colorize the lightning
- Set the Hue to about -125
- Saturation to 200
- and Lightness to 0
The final Image
- ISBN 073571388X
- ISBN 0735712468
- ISBN 0735709696
- ISBN 1562057235
Amazon's Related Products
- ASIN B00095M4Q4
- ASIN B000HLV59W
- ASIN B000NDIC04
- www.getpaint.net The Official Paint.NET website