Light charcoal without lighter fluid
Lighting charcoal briquettes without lighter fluid is easy with this homemade Charcoal Chimney
- A charcoal chimney (see How to Make a charcoal chimney or #Amazon's Related Products)
- a grill
- Oven mits
Lighting the Charcoal
- Begin by filling your charcoal chimney to the top with charcoal
- Loosely wad a sheet of newspaper and place it under the chimney in the center of your grill
- CAREFULLY light the paper through the air holes (you may have to lift the chimney to get to the paper and light from underneath)
- You may have to do this more than once, I had to do it twice for this tutorial.
- Once the Charcoal begins to wait a while and it will flame on and ignite the rest of the coal in the chimney
- When the charcoal in the chimney is ashen white (see Fig.5 ) then put on your oven mits, be EXTREMELY CAREFUL and dump the coals into your grill
- spread them evenly with your tongs
- Barbecue away!
More to come
This tutorial is unfinished I will finish it shortly.
- (ISBN 1563058669
- (ISBN 0761120149
- (ISBN 1558322973
Amazon's Related Products
- (ASIN B00004U9VV
- (ASIN B00004RALR
- (ASIN B000F64UKA
- How to Make a charcoal chimney
- Chimney Starter Wikipedia Article
NOTE: This page is currently undergoing a major edit. As a courtesy, please do not make edits to this page while this message is posted, in order to avoid edit conflicts.