Make modeling dough
This tutorial describes How to Make Your Own Modeling Dough from inexpensive, common household ingredients.
Do this activity with a grown up.
What you need
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Food coloring to your liking
What to do
- Combine the dry ingredients, then the liquids in a pan.
- Heat slowly, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Remove from heat, take out of the pan and knead until smooth.
- Store in an air tight container.
(ISBN 1401834760) Creative Art & Activities : Clay, Play Dough and Modeling Materials - by Mary Mayesky